‘Learning for Peace’ – the four-year Peacebuilding, Education and Advocacy Programme – is a partnership between UNICEF, the Government of the Netherlands, the national governments of 14 participating countries and other key supporters.
The Learning for Peace programme focuses on five outcomes:
- Increase inclusion of education into peacebuilding and conflict reduction policies, analyses and implementation.
- Increase institutional capacities to supply conflictsensitive education.
- Increase the capacities of children, parents, teachers and other duty bearers to prevent, reduce and cope with conflict and promote peace.
- Increase access to quality and relevant conflictsensitive education that contributes to peace.
- Contribute to the generation and use of evidence and knowledge in policies and programming related to education, conflict and peacebuilding.